UIA World Congress of Architecture will take place in Copenhagen from July 2 to July 6, 2023. All friends of the congress are invited to contribute with proposals for events and activities which will happen during the conference, but outside the Bella Center venue.
The UIA World Congress of Architects aims to be the most inclusive and participatory architecture congress ever, by focusing on sustainability, inclusivity and open participation. All friends of the congress are invited to contribute with proposals for events and activities which will happen during the conference, but outside the Bella Center venue.
Visit the call and submit your Side Event at:
Organizing a side event is an opportunity to be part of an international event with 10.000 professional delegates from around the world. A great number of delegates will be excited to experience the city and engage with the local building and architectural scene when the official program in the Bella Center ends around 4 pm.
A side event can be many things – a tour, talk or site visit. A debate or roundtable, a reception, dinner, picnic or community singing. Side events are activities which will happen during the conference, but outside the Bella Center venue.
All side events will be branded with the congress’ logo and communicated under the headline Side Events in the programme, website, app etc.
The title of the world congress is ‘Sustainable Futures – leave no one behind’. Therefore, organizers should incorporate sustainability, inclusion, and accessibility in all aspects of the event.
Read more about the world congress on www.uia2023cph.org.
Best practice for developing side events
We encourage all organizers to consider the following best practice. All events should be:
- Directly relevant for the overall theme of the congress
- Communicated and take place in English. If the event language is Danish or another language other than English, it should be reflected and explained in the description
- Gender balanced in terms of content and speakers
- Globally balanced in terms of content and speakers
- Sustainable in terms of materials, transport, catering etc.
- Inclusionary and accessible – if access is limited by stairs or other physical barriers, it should be reflected in the description
- Impactful – contribute to the realization of the congress’ goals and the SDGs
Hosting a side event means planning, carrying out and paying for all activities related to the event.
Deadline is January 15, 2023.
The UIA secretariat will review the proposed side events relative to the criteria listed above. The secretariat reserves the right to reject proposals which are deemed not to live up the criteria. Organizers will be notified whether the event has been approved no later than March 15, 2023.
Any questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org – please put “Calls For Side Events” in the subject line.