The programme for the World Congress has now been launched and features influential and innovative profiles in the built environment.
DIVERSITY AND DIALOGUE
A wide range of sessions take place, inviting for dialogue and collaboration as well as highlighting winners of several idea competitions, all trying to create a new, more sustainable world through architecture. And the World Congress programme features influential and innovative profiles from the built environment. Our speakers have all been carefully selected for their strong contributions to architecture, science, business and politics, as well as sustainable approaches to new solutions and methods.
You can expect:
- KEYNOTE DIALOGUES designed as a series of conversations between trailblazing architects and experts from science, business and politics. All keynote dialogues will be moderated by Connie Hedegaard.
- NEXT GEN sessions that give space to the young and their voices, to open a window to the future and start the dialogue between generations.
- PAPER PRESENTATIONS from all corners of the world – 250 contributors showcase the newest knowledge and push for change by challenging architectural norms and connecting research and practice in new ways.
- VELUX DAYLIGHT TALKS explore the significance of natural light in architecture and feature architects who are actively working with daylighting in their projects.
- The OBEL AWARD TALKS highlight architectural contributions for people and planet, with award-winning projects that challenge the status quo.
Highlighted speakers and keynotes at UIA World Congress of Architects 2023 include:
- Connie Hedegaard Master of Ceremonies
- Jerome Foster Activist Youngest Member of the White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council, Software Engineer, Co-Founder at Waic Up
- Margrethe Vestager Executive Vice President, EU Commission
- Nyasha Harper-Michon ‘Archtivist’, Architect, LinkedIn Top Voice Green, Business Strategist, Educator, Speaker, Writer
- Bjarke Ingels Founder, BIG
- Dorte Mandrup Founder, Creative Director, Adjunct Professor & Architect MAA
- Francis Kéré Founder & Principal, Kéré Architecture, 2022 Pritzker Prize winner
- Kunle Adeyemi Founder & Principal, NLÉ
- Jim Hagemann Snabe Chairman, Siemens, World Economic Forum Trustee
- Mette Skjold CEO, SLA
- Hans Joachim Schellnhuber Founder & Managing Director, Bauhaus Earth
- Elizabeth Timme Founder & Director of Design, Office of: Office
- Partha Dasgupta Emeritus Professor of Economics, University of Cambridge
- Chris Downey Architect & Founder, Architecture for the Blind
- Jesica Amescua Carrera & Mariana Ordóñez Grajales Architects & Founders, Comunal
- Christian Benimana Senior Principal, MASS Design Group, Director of The African Design Centre
- Maria P. Neira WHO Director, Department of Environmental, Climate Change and Health
And many more. See an extended speaker list here .
Architectural Tours, Pavilions and Side Events
The Bella Center in Copenhagen is the venue for UIA World Congress of Architects 2023. In addition to the programme in Bella Center, the congress has arranged for an array of architectural themed tours taking place after the daily activities in Bella Center. All tours require participation in the UIA World Congress of Architects 2023 (and some tours require an additional ticket).
Go and explore The SDG PAVILIONS around the city center after the congress. High-rise and explorative constructions will greet you in the harbour area and its surroundings, showcasing the latest from Danish Architect Studios – expect a new take on sustainability and new materials as well as inspiration for conversation starters with your fellow visitors.
Furthermore, friends and partners of the congress will offer a wide range of side events and social events taking place outside of congress hours around the city of Copenhagen.
Watch this space for more details coming soon.