The Science Track gathers some of the world’s foremost experts in their fields and tries to find answers to some of the burning questions affecting architecture and sustainability today.
The challenges have been explored by 6 science panels, each panel focusing on one of the congress themes and here you can find symposiums on each theme and meet the panel chairs.
Panel 1, Climate Adaptation: Billie Faircloth and Maibritt Pedersen Zari
Panel 2, Rethinking Resources: Carlo Ratti and Mette Ramsgaard Thomsen
Panel 3, Resilient Communities: Anna Rubbo and Juan Du
Panel 4, Health: Arif Hasan and Christian Benimana
Panel 5, Inclusivity: Magda Mostafa and Ruth Baumeister
Panel 6, Partnerships for Change: Sandi Hilal and Merve Bedir
General Reporters: Mette Ramsgaard Thomsen, Martin Tamke.
Special Advisors: Katherine Richardson, Chris Luebkeman, Camilla Ryhl, Thomas Bo Jensen
Research Curator and Coordinator: Pernille Maria Bärnheim
Want your company to be seen as an international brand within architecture, design, development, and building? This congress is the ideal place to announce and display your latest innovations and developments, and to influence and support the “Leave No One Behind” agenda and be a part of the solutions.
The perspective of students and young professionals is important to bring into play for a nuanced and diverse understanding of the challenges we face and how we design solutions for it. That is why we’ve put focus on involving students & young professionals through sessions created or curated by students and you can find a range of “Next gen” sessions in the official programme.
The Practice Committee is a group of handpicked architects from Nordic architectural businesses and academia. They have provided guidance and advice on the development of the congress programme and will contribute as session chairs during the congress.
• Cora Valloire, Architect, Master of Inclusive Architecture, Dissing+Weitling
• Ellen Braae, Professor, University of Copenhagen, Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management
• Jakob B. Knudsen, Dean, the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture
• Jakob Strømann-Andersen, Architect & Partner, Henning Larsen
• Kai-Uwe Bergmann, Architect & Partner, BIG
• Kent Martinussen, CEO, Danish Architecture Center
• Kristján Örn Kjartansson, Architect & Partner, Krads
• Monica von Schmalensee, Architect & Senior Partner, White Arkitekter
• Peter Andreas Sattrup, Senior Consultant, Danish Association of Architectural Firms
• Rainer Mahlamäki, Co-founder, Lahdelma & Mahlamäki architects & Professor, Oulu School of Architecture, Finland
• Selmar Nielsen, Architect & CEO, SNA
• Tine Hegli, Professor, The Oslo School
MEET THE HONORARY COMMITTEE OF THE WORLD CONGRESS
The Honorary Committee is composed of eminent personalities who lend strength to the UIA World Congress of Architects CPH 2023 through their support and contributions to the profession. You will meet them during selected sessions at the World Congress in Copenhagen.
Jesper Nygaard, DK, CEO of Realdania Foundation
Bjarke Ingels, DK, Architect MAA, Founder of BIG
Mogens Lykketoft, DK, former Minister for Finance and former Minister for Foreign Affairs and President of the seventieth session of the United Nations General Assembly
Kristian Jensen, DK, Special Envoy for DK regarding the election for UNSC-2025-26, former Minister for Finance and former Minister for Foreign Affairs
Sophie Hæstorp Andersen, DK, Lord Mayor of The City of Copenhagen, member of the C40 Cities Steering Committee, UIA.UNESCO World Capital of Architecture
Martha Thorne, US, Senior Advisor to the Obel Awards, Former Dean of IE School of Architecture and Design, Madrid, Member of the Pritzker Prize