In the true spirit of interdisciplinary collaboration, the UIA World Congress of Architects CPH 2023 invites everyone to come together to work on highly needed solutions as one. The Congress is both ambitious in its programme and in its form. This is only possible due to strong partnerships in every field of the built environment – from science experts, to industry leaders and smaller players, to practitioners and architects as well as students within the architecture realm, but also industry partners and foundations interested in sustainable architecture. Find more information about the contributors in the categories below.
The Science Track gathers some of the world’s foremost experts in their fields and tries to find answers to some of the burning questions affecting architecture and sustainability today.
The challenges have been explored by 6 science panels, each panel focusing on one of the congress themes and here you can find symposiums on each theme and meet the panel chairs.
Explore the 6 congress themes through deep-dive science symposiums addressing the most pressing questions.
Want your company to be seen as an international brand within architecture, design, development, and building? This congress is the ideal place to announce and display your latest innovations and developments, and to influence and support the “Leave No One Behind” agenda and be a part of the solutions.
Contact us to become part of the congress though industry partnerships and see how you can participate.
The perspective of students and young professionals is important to bring into play for a nuanced and diverse understanding of the challenges we face and how we design solutions for it. That is why we’ve put focus on involving students & young professionals through sessions created or curated by students and you can find a range of “Next gen” sessions in the official programme.
Meet inspiring profiles from the next generation. We cannot have durable change without including students and young professionals.
The Practice Committee is a group of handpicked architects from Nordic architectural businesses and academia. They have provided guidance and advice on the development of the congress programme and will contribute as session chairs during the congress.
The Practice committee includes:
• Cora Valloire, Architect, Master of Inclusive Architecture, Dissing+Weitling
• Ellen Braae, Professor, University of Copenhagen, Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management
• Jakob B. Knudsen, Dean, the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, School of Architecture
• Jakob Strømann-Andersen, Architect & Partner, Henning Larsen
• Kai-Uwe Bergmann, Architect & Partner, BIG
• Kent Martinussen, CEO, Danish Architecture Center
• Kristján Örn Kjartansson, Architect & Partner, Krads
• Monica von Schmalensee, Architect & Senior Partner, White Arkitekter
• Peter Andreas Sattrup, Senior Consultant, Danish Association of Architectural Firms
• Rainer Mahlamäki, Co-founder, Lahdelma & Mahlamäki architects & Professor, Oulu School of Architecture, Finland
• Selmar Nielsen, Architect & CEO, SNA
• Tine Hegli, Professor, The Oslo School
MEET THE HONORARY COMMITTEE OF THE WORLD CONGRESS
The Honorary Committee is composed of eminent personalities who lend strength to the UIA World Congress of Architects CPH 2023 through their support and contributions to the profession. You will meet them during selected sessions at the World Congress in Copenhagen.