- Tenured Professor, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University
- Director of the Institute of Architecture and Technology, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University
- Deputy Chief Architect, THAD (Architectural Design and Research Institute of Tsinghua University)
- Co-Founder and Principal, SUP Atelier of THAD
- Secretary-General, Green Building’s Theoretical and Practical Group, Chinese Green Building Committee
- National First-Class Registered Architect in China
Holistic Sustainable Design Approach
For the past 30 years, Prof. Song has focused on sustainable theory and design. He believes in a holistic sustainable design approach that fully utilizes natural and social conditions, including nature and resources, cultural diversity, and social responsibility. To achieve this, it’s crucial to have a deep understanding of regional and local contexts, as this enables the initiation of innovative designs that incorporate the latest technical measures or traditional climate adaptation design strategies. Additionally, contemporary translations of traditional design strategies, rooted in specific climate regions, can inspire innovative and sustainable design. To achieve this vision, the use of various computer simulation tools and high-end building techniques can highly assist in decision-making based on the translation design strategy mentioned above.